Obesity, unusual weight gain, or a flabby body with oodles of fat is a chronic metabolic disorder that can play havoc with all bodily functions. The pandemic days forced us to stay locked in our homes and got us used to a sedentary lifestyle. Though many of us hope to keep fit and toned, we look for a zillion excuses to hit the gym or go for jogs simultaneously. Besides looking physically unfit, being overweight and obese are major risk factors for several chronic ailments like heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure, fatty liver, and diabetes.
Some of us understand the importance of staying in shape despite all that stops us from doing so. Fitness is a choice, and a healthy well-toned body is not unachievable for most of us. Poor diet and unhealthy lifestyle lead to obesity and overweight apart from hereditary ones. An excellent exercise routine backed by a wholesome diet plan is the road to the well-toned physique we crave after. Hence, we must recognize the importance of a diet comprising all essential vitamins and minerals.
What Can We Do Besides Grilling Ourselves Day In And Out?
Fitness is a promise we make to ourselves. Burn fat while building muscle, but before you begin any intensive routine, ensure you have the energy required to keep you going till the end by having a proper pre-workout meal. Vitamin supplements must be squeezed into your routine if you are deficient in essential nutrients.
Here are some fabulous exercises that you can add to your fitness regime. These can be practiced anywhere and anytime as you do not depend on significant gym equipment.
Single Leg Deadlift
- Stand parallel with your feet hip-width apart
- Hold weights such as dumbbells in your hands. If you do not have dumbbells, books, or plastic water bottles
- Lean forward in your hips, shifting your weight to one leg
- Let the other legs extend straight behind you
- Lift your extended leg and pitch your body forward, making a ‘T’
- Your standing leg can be slightly bent
- Bring your extended leg to starting position
- Repeat with the other leg
Walk Back Squat Thrust
- Stand with your feet that can be shoulder-width away
- Bend your knees and place your hands on the floor
- One by one, step your legs back, getting into a plank position
- Quickly jump your legs forward and then stand back up
Squat Thrust With Support
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart with the chair in front
- Bend your knees and reach forward
- Place your hands on the chair
- Kick your legs back to form a straight line from your head up to
- Jump forward on your legs and then stand back up
Benefits Of These Simple Workouts
Even without hitting the gym, you can reap the benefits of these exercises and get in shape. These simple techniques involve major body parts combined with weightlifting, which works on your core muscles and helps you improve balance, strengthening your back, core, and legs. Once you have mastered the form individually, you can add more complex ones into your routine.
Precautions When Starting A Workout Regime
As a rule, if you have a pre-existing health condition, you must consult your physician before beginning any new exercise program. Based on your individual needs, you can always be flexible on the number of times you do it and the intensity. Always select a weight that is not highly uncomfortable but also should be effective enough to make an impact.
Follow the technique to ensure the effectiveness of your body and pay close attention to your body while doing any workout. Thought there must be some stretch in the body, but if the pain or discomfort is unbearable, you should not force yourself to continue.